Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad Tribe Vibe

There really isn't much worse than watching bad baseball. To sum up the 2009 Cleveland Indians, it is like watching the Oxygen network for 8 straight days. The starting pitching has been terrible, the teams' hitting with runners in scoring position is dreadful, the bullpen has been bad, and the hitters strike out almost every other time at bat. 1-7 looks bad, and the team has probably played worse. A few random thoughts before I fire the remote through my TV.


  • The lineup does not look imposing at all

  • I don't care if he only gave up 6 runs today, Carl Pavano still sucks

  • Rafael Perez caught the WBC disease

  • Grady is pressing way too much

  • Hafner should not be batting 4th

  • Choo should not be batting 4th

  • The constant lineup changes may have had a negative effect on this team

The good news is Sidney Ponson is pitching for the Royals tomorrow. It will be Aaron Laffey's first shot in 2009 to stick with the club. I imagine we will see more lineup juggling as well. I keep reminding myself to take a deep breath and remember that only 5% of the season has been played.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Season's not even 5% over and we can already flush these turds.

Martinelli said...

You couldn't have summed it up better. I agree with everything you said. It has been atrocious to watch. Pitching is god aweful.